Welcome to New Dot Cinema

A community cinema for Llangollen and the Dee Valley, launched July 2015.

Our aim is to entertain and inspire with a carefully curated selection of the best of British, independent, archive, documentary, arthouse & world cinema, from the early days of film to new releases, featuring Wales and all other corners of the world, in a friendly atmosphere that encourages a broad reach.

Audience members are welcome regardless of their beliefs, affiliations, appearance, abilities or background.

How to find us

2016-08-17-photo-00000008

Upstairs @ The Town Hall
Llangollen Town Hall
Castle Street
Llangollen, LL20 8NU


Next event


The Eagle Huntress (U)
Friday, August 11th 2017

We asked you to vote for our August film and you chose the wonderful Eagle Huntress. This spellbinding documentary follows Aisholpan, a 13-year-old girl, as she trains to become the first female in twelve generations of her Kazakh family to become an eagle hunter, and rises to the pinnacle of a tradition that has been handed down from father to son for centuries.

Doors open at 7.30pm, film starts at 8pm. Tickets: £8; £6 conc. Buy them from Baileys  or online here.

[Read more]

Mailing list


Facebook

Gala events and friendly film nights by New Dot Cinema, Llangollen. ...

View on Facebook

New Dot Cinema Llangollen updated their cover photo. ...

View on Facebook

A big thank you to everyone that joined us for Sing Street and the Eighties disco on Thursday. It was a great night - brilliant film followed by a fantastic after party...Llangollen, you've got moves! 😉

The feedback slips that we received show 74% rated that film as 'brilliant' and the remaining 26% rated it as 'very good' - we're so glad you enjoyed it!

We hope you can join us for our next screening: The Eagle Huntress will be shown on Friday, 11th August.
...

View on Facebook